Pardon & Expungement Lawyer
Our core principles are:
- We LISTEN to our clients’ needs and address those needs throughout our representation;
- We are TRUTHFUL with our clients. We always give a fair and honest assessment of a client’s situation and we never make promises or guarantees that we cannot fulfill. Often we are able to help clients during initial consultation so that there is no need for further representation and costs.
- We are always HONEST with our clients. We will never accept a fee from a client unless there is something we can do to help. Unlike some other lawyers, we don’t believe in wasting our clients’ hard earned money;
- We work very hard to earn and maintain a strong REPUTATION among judges, prosecutors, and court staff throughout our area. This hard-won reputation pays off for our clients. When we walk into a courtroom, we are respected. Prosecutors throughout our region know us to be effective Pardon & Expungement Lawyers who are admired in the legal community. Every case should not end up in a trial, but it is known throughout our area that we are not afraid to proceed to trial when it is necessary. When a trial is needed, prosecutors know they are in for a fight.
Pardons And Paroles
At Richard DeWeese Attorney at Law we have been successful in obtaining pardons and paroles for many clients, for both violent and non-violent offenses. We are well known to the members of the Board and specialize in guiding clients through the confusing, often frustrating process of obtaining parole or a pardon.
We have seen our pardon practice grow dramatically in recent years. Many clients made a mistake years ago that continues to cause them problems with employment, family situations, and the loss of civil rights that can come with certain types of convictions. Even if an old case isn’t causing immediate harm, many of our clients simply want the peace of mind that can come from obtaining a pardon and putting the past behind them.
The process for obtaining a pardon in Alabama can be complex and intimidating without an experienced guide. Our lawyers are well versed in the rules and procedures the Board employs, and that experience will help you. The Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles operates under a set of rules that is different from anyplace else. One innocent mistake can have serious implications for the outcome of your case. We work closely with our clients to ensure that we present our best case and that the Board has all the information necessary to make the RIGHT decision.
Contact our office at 334-239-7994 for a consultation with a criminal attorney in Montgomery so we can answer your questions and discuss your particular matter. We handle cases from all over Alabama, and have many many clients from out of state.
Nothing is as intimidating as appearing before the Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles on behalf of a person seeking parole from the Alabama Department of Corrections. Under the Board’s procedures, persons opposing parole are given several advantages, so it’s important to make the most of your opportunity to address the Board. You need someone on YOUR side who can help level the playing field.
We are well-known and respected by the Board members, who will listen to what we have to say on your behalf. Equally important is knowing what NOT to say during the presentation. We help you prepare for this important day and tailor our presentation to the Board to emphasize the positives of the case while avoiding the pitfalls that others may stumble into.
Our record of success on behalf of Parole clients speaks for itself.
Wills And Estates
The time to start planning for the future is now. A well drafted will allows your loved ones the security of certainty after the death of a loved one. We speak from experience when we say that nothing can tear a family apart like a fight over a parents’ estate. Our experienced lawyers can help you plan for the future and ensure that your wishes will be followed.
Our Practice Areas
We represent clients throughout the Central Alabama area, to include District and Circuit Courts in Montgomery, Autauga, Elmore, Lowndes, Butler and Macon Counties. We practice regularly in the Montgomery Municipal Court, Prattville Municipal Court, Millbrook Municipal Court, and Wetumpka Municipal Court. We appear regularly before the Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles on behalf of Pardon applicants and those requesting Parole from the Alabama Department of Corrections. We are admitted to and appear regularly in the US District Court for the Middle District of Alabama.
Meet Richard DeWeeseRichard DeWeese is a native of Huntsville Alabama. He attended the University of Alabama School of Law, receiving a Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude, in 2007.
- 1 15 Years of Experience
- 2 Register for a Case Evaluation
- 3 Schedule a Consultation
Fill out the contact form or call us at 334-239-7994 to schedule your consultation.