If you have been convicted of a criminal offense and have completed your sentence (including any probation time) you can apply for a pardon of your criminal conviction. A pardon has the effect of vacating a conviction. If you lost civil rights like the right to vote or the right to possess a firearm due to your conviction, those rights can be restored to you via the pardon process.

At Richard DeWeese Attorney at Law, we routinely handle pardon requests on behalf of our clients. The process for requesting a pardon will vary depending on the type of conviction you have and in which court you were convicted. Call our office at 334-239-7994 or fill out the “Contact Us” form on this page for more information.

When you retain Richard DeWeese Attorney at Law to handle your pardon request, we provide the following services:

  1. Meet with the client and thoroughly discuss the process and what to expect as the case progresses. (This can be done in person or via telephone.)
  2. Begin the pardon process by filing the proper paperwork with the Board of Pardons and Paroles or the appropriate municipal authority.
  3. Attend meeting(s) with the Probation/Parole officer assigned to the case (if necessary.)
  4. Prepare the client and witnesses for testimony at a formal Pardon hearing.
  5. Prepare an informational booklet about the client for submission to the board ahead of the hearing.
  6. Attend the hearing and make an oral presentation to the Board of Pardons and Paroles on behalf of the client.

Of course, we will be available throughout the process to answer whatever questions you may have.

Call Richard DeWeese Attorney at Law today at 334-239-7994 or fill out the “Contact Us” form on this page to inquire about applying for a pardon.

No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be provided is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

Contact Us

  1. 1 15 Years of Experience
  2. 2 Register for a Case Evaluation
  3. 3 Schedule a Consultation

Fill out the contact form or call us at 334-239-7994 to schedule your consultation.

Leave Us a Message