Child Custody Visitation Modifications

Do you currently have a court order regarding child custody that you desire to have modified? If so, you have several options. Depending on the type of initial custody determination, you may be able to modify your current custody situation by simply filing a Petition for Modification with the Circuit Court requesting a modification.

A child custody determination made by a court is always subject to modification, it is never final. Although there is a heavy burden placed upon the petitioning parent for a modification, it is not impossible and quite easy if certain elements are met. A child custody modification is a custody determination that changes, replaces, supersedes, or is otherwise made after a previous determination concerning the same child.

If you are considering a modification of child custody or have been served with a petition for modification, it is vital that you obtain sound legal advice regarding your options. At Richard DeWeese Attorney at Law, we can assist you in making these important decisions. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced, knowledgeable attorneys, who can advise you as to what the best options are for your situation.

No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be provided is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

Contact Us

  1. 1 15 Years of Experience
  2. 2 Register for a Case Evaluation
  3. 3 Schedule a Consultation

Fill out the contact form or call us at 334-239-7994 to schedule your consultation.

Leave Us a Message